Friday 5 August 2011

Tinahely Show 2011 (1st August)

Petrol stop, on the way to Tinahely Show On the way to Tinahely Show
Weather forecast was right; Monday was cloudy and warm, mainly dry, but with a few showers here and there.

I only got to smell breakfast, so I was starving when we arrived in Tinahely.

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011
If anyone wants to browse all my Tinahely pics, click on the first photos and browse on flickr. I'm only blogging some of them. Actually, I didn't even take that many pictures! Only about 140.

Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011
This was my third time at Tinahely Show, and I was going to go and get myself some breakfast, but then Maaria arrived, and I went back to the gate to see her.

Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011
I was wondering what those birds were - they kinda looked like woodpeckers, but they were much bigger..

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011
Maaria was hungry as well, so we went straight to the food court..

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011
Unsurprisingly, the vegetarian options seemed to be chips or baked potatoes - not that many vegetarians in Irish countryside =P I'm not vegetarian, either, but didn't really feel like eating meaty stuff at the time, so we both had chips with cheese and garlic sauce, mmmm..

Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011
Hip hop at Tinahely Show, eh..!

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011
Then, it was time for my cow's arse pilgrimage - to take pervy pics of Belgian Blue bums =D I snapped some sheepos on the way.. ('Sheepos' is my own plural for sheep, which just sounds so much better..)

Tinahely Show 2011
As we saw the Friesian cows with their heavy udders (btw, have I mentioned that I love udders?!?), I was wondering what it'd be like if women had udders between the legs, so that we'd have to funny-walk when the udders were full, and we'd need to rely on someone coming to milk us.. Maaria reminded me that women have hands, though.. That made me wonder what cows would be like, if they had hands.. They could milk themselves..

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011
Handsome.. :o And that tail needs brushing..

Tinahely Show 2011
So, here they are.. Belgian Blue cows.. (I'll make a separate bum entry..)

Tinahely Show 2011
Then, some horses..

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011
And Belgian Blue beauty pageant, heh.. See the one on top left, with black stockings? I'll post a close-up in the bum entry..

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011
Then we returned to the crafts and all, and listened to a local boy band.. =D (Smart suits!)

Tinahely Show 2011
The traditional large Tropical smoothie, mmmm.. And some cheese samples (below).. I loved the seaweed cheddar, and the one with nettles and chives.. Yum.. I wanted to buy some, but it would have gone all soggy in the bag, so I left it..

Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011
I'd love some of those flattened bottle trays, but maybe in another life..

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011
LOADS more quilt pictures on flickr, so browse them there if you're interested!

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011
They were selling gorgeous quilting materials.. I don't do quilting, but I felt the urge to give it a go, when browsing the materials.. However, I didn't buy anything.. Maaria may have bought something.. She makes quilts, though - see Pikkusilli on Facebook!

Tinahely Show 2011
I almost bought donuts, too, but didn't feel like carrying them for the rest of the day, so I didn't..

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011
The above setting had been disqualified as the cakes were not butterfly cakes.. Like, OMG..

Tinahely Show 2011

=D

Tinahely Show 2011
Weather was between sunny, cloudy, and occasionally, showery. It actually looked cold, but it was really warm. We went to this tent where they sold outdoorsy clothing as I didn't have a light jacket that would protect me from rain, yet still be light enough to be worn on a warm day. I found an apple green jacket for €40, which was almost all my money. Anyway, I'm happy with the jacket.

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011
We bought something to drink, and sat on the lawn to rest our feet. I got to wear my brand new jacket as there was a bit of a shower =D Good timing!

Tinahely Show 2011

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011
Maaria had to drive back all the way to Naas, so she left, and I went to watch sheaf tossing. Last year, I missed the world record as I had to go pee (LOL). But the same man broke the world record again, so I saw it this time, and even got a photo;

Tinahely Show 2011 - Sheaf tossing world record moment

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011
I had chips again, while watching.. I'd sort of planned to go and get pizza or something, but D was getting some chips, so he got me some as well.
After the world record, it was all more or less over. I could have done with a few more hours! I never even made it to the vintage cars.. I really wanted some coffee, after smelling D's breakfast coffee, earlier on, and as it was his third time at the same coffee place and they were closing up, anyway, they let us have as many free cupcakes as we wanted. We grabbed two each. I'm not a cupcake person, but they were actually quite nice. I also bought some sweets.

Tinahely Show 2011 Tinahely Show 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment