Tuesday 5 March 2013

The Harbour Bar will never be the same..

The Harbour Bar
I was totally shocked, yesterday, when I read this announcement on Facebook;

It is with great regret that I can confirm the rumours that The Harbour Bar will leave the O’Toole family’s ownership after 3 generations. The sale date is to be officially confirmed.

I would like to extend my personal thanks to all of our customers and supporters, particularly during the difficult times since Des’s passing.

I would also like to take this opportunity to sincerely wish the new owners every success for the future. I am sure that with the loyal customer base that the bar has, coupled with the professionalism, experience and resources that the new owners have at their disposal that they will enjoy a bright and exciting future in The Harbour Bar.

Until the sale goes through – Please do come down to enjoy the last few weeks and raise a glass to toast the rich history and memories so many of us have of this historic Bray landmark! We would love to see and hear from all of our old customers who made the bar the legend it is.

Thanks to all and best wishes for a new chapter – Carpe Diem!
Colin

Ps.

Please feel free to share this post..

(posted on 4th March, 17:15)

Bray Seafront during the Summerfest 2011 Cloudy Wednesday afternoon in Bray harbour
I hope its new owners won't do anything idiotic, like revamp the place.. There's a reason why it was voted for the best pub in the world..

The Harbour Bar trad. session
Still, it will never be the same without the O'Tooles..

My first absinthe Walking to Bray harbour before sunrise
I'm just shocked.. The Harbour Bar was the first place I ever visited in Bray, in 1997. I'd never been to Bray, it was dark already when we arrived, walked the dark lane from the station to Seapoint Road, to go straight to the Harbour Bar.. And back again, to the last DART back to Dublin, I think.. At the time, I had no idea I'd live here someday.

The Harbour Bar
Moving on..

No comments:

Post a Comment