Saturday 7 April 2012

Hit with a Brick

This seems like a shallow topic for a Good Friday, so I'm timing this for Saturday instead..

On Samantha Brick.. When I read about her claiming that women hate her because she is beautiful, and saw her pictures, I thought, "Really?!?"

It just seems wrong on so many levels, that it's hard to even know where to start..

It's generally great when people are happy with the way they look. Everyone should feel attractive. And it's definitely not all about looks - your general attitude and personality are so much more important! If your shell is perfect, but you're rotten inside, the rot will seep through, sooner or later.. If your shell is bland or damaged, but you're filled with sunshine, that warm light will also shine through.. Result: that bland or damaged shell can look SO much more beautiful than the visually perfect shell.

Now, I would not say that Ms. Brick has a visually perfect shell. In fact, I think she looks rather mousy.. (Mousy can be good, too - like a shy librarian type!) If she was beautiful inside, she'd probably look very beautiful, but she seems to be lacking that glow.. She's definitely not unattractive, lookswise, but I wouldn't say she's the type to turn heads, either. So, mousy seems like a suitable description, and she could do with lots of inner sunshine..

Then, there's that strange thought that women would hate beautiful women. Umm, what?

Let's think of some really beautiful women.. For example, Aishwarya Rai, or Adele.. Both absolutely stunning..

Now, I'm a woman, so with some Brick logic, I should hate Aishwarya Rai and Adele, because they are beautiful.

Wrong!!

I love Aishwarya Rai and Adele! =D

Quoting from the article I linked, earlier on;

'Women do not like attractive women. I suggested the article after waving at one of my neighbours in France, someone whose boys play at my house, and she totally ignored me.

'It got me thinking about how the Sisterhood attack beautiful women,' Samantha added, much to the chagrain of Ruth Langsford, who confessed she was 'offended' by the statement.

'Neither me nor my friends have any problem with beauty,' she said in response. 'But we do not like arrogance.'

So, her neighbour ignored her, and she took it as an attack on her beauty?!? O...k....... I'm sensing a bit of a mental issue here.. (Really, the neighbour might have had a bad day, her boys might have told her something about their time at her house, which pissed off their mother - like unsuitable snacks, her nationality, or whatever, really!! There's no way she could just assume to KNOW her neighbour's motives, but there are about a million other motives that would be more likely than the one she picked - suggesting that she might actually have some mental issues..)

Also, as mentioned in the end of that quote, arrogance sucks. And Ms. Brick does appear to be full of it.

Now, quoting from her original article;

I’m not smug and I’m no flirt, yet over the years I’ve been dropped by countless friends who felt threatened if I was merely in the presence of their other halves. If their partners dared to actually talk to me, a sudden chill would descend on the room.

Newsflash to Ms. Brick: you're either delusional, a filthy liar, or really bad at picking friends.

Anyone who's in a good relationship, is perfectly fine with having their partner talk to anyone in the world. If they're not, they should just end the relationship there and then.

Having seen Ms. Brick on the telly, it seems to me that delusional is the winner from that list, with a touch of filthy liar in the mix..

It's not all bad, though - after all, she'll always find loads and loads of love and admiration in her mirror!

No comments:

Post a Comment