Sunday 1 July 2012

Lightning photos (from 2008 and 2012)

080814_lightn1
As I haven't really been doing anything else than lightly roasting myself in the garden and trying to find some 60's style clothes for Tuesday (groan..), here are some lightning photos from the past..

This first one (above) was taken in August 2008, in Imatra, Finland. I was there to organise my dad's funeral, and I stayed with friends who at the time lived on the 9th floor, with this awesome view all the way to Russia. (The factories you see in the horizon, a bit right from the lightning, are in Svetogorsk, Russia.) Below, two cropped versions of the same shot..

080814_lightn2

080814_lightn3

Thunder and lightning
This other one is from April, this year, and the lightning is much less obvious. In fact, I didn't even notice it until I'd transferred the photos to my laptop. (It was snapped about the same time with that Bray tornado / waterspout video, which was in the news and all. Mad weather, that day..)

I don't think I've managed to capture any other lightning photos..

2 comments: