Thursday 7 February 2013

Irish ESC 2013 hopefuls (well, all but one)


Ireland Eurosong 2013 : Ryan Dolan (Only Love Survives)

RTÉ announces 2013 Eurovision hopefuls

RTÉ confirmed today the five Irish acts and songs that will compete to represent Ireland in this year's Eurovision Song Contest which will take place in Malmo, Sweden, in May, with Ireland competing in the first semi-final on Tuesday May 14th.

In alphabetical order the acts are Zoë Alexis Bohorquez, Ryan Dolan, Aimee Fitzpatrick, Inchequin and Kasey. The will be mentored by Niall Mooney, Stuart O' Connor, Mark McCabe, Shay Healy and Mairead Farrell respectively.

The public will get the chance to hear each of the five songs for the first time tomorrow (Feb7) on Mooney on RTÉ Radio 1 from 3pm.

The winning act will be selected on Eurosong 2013 on The Late Late Show on Friday February 22nd. Ireland's Eurovision entry will be selected by a combination of public and regional jury vote.

I'm posting the videos in the order I find and watch / listen to them on Youtube..


IRISH EUROSONG 2013 - Aimée Fitzpatrick - Crashing Down (Ireland Eur...


IRISH EUROSONG 2013 - Inchequin - Son Kez / The Last Time (Ireland Eur...


Song 3 (Zoë Alexis Bohorquez - I don't know the name of this song, but I'm linking with the video titles..)

I couldn't find a video for Kasey, and I haven't heard the song, either =/

Based on only listening to these once, Ryan Dolan is my favourite. Something actually happens in that song, and I can see the heart sign being popular in the ESC.. =)

I found Aimee's song quite boring, although there's nothing wrong with sending a pretty girl and a ballad to the ESC - it wasn't bad, I just found it boring..

Inchequin just didn't do anything to me, I'm afraid.. Although it was probably the most real out of all these songs, I just didn't like it.

And Zoë.. I really don't mean this as an insult, but I could NOT avoid getting the "Friday, Friday" horrors while listening to this song.. Sorry!!

Can't comment on Kasey's song as I've still to hear it..

No comments:

Post a Comment