Friday 5 April 2013

First day in Helsinki..

In Helsinki..
I blogged about the first day of my trip here; Dublin - Frankfurt - Helsinki. So, I arrived in Helsinki just after midnight, on 28th March..

After a few hours of sleep, we had savoury salmon tart (pictured above) for breakfast - my mam had made it, and it was gorgeous.

In Helsinki..
My mam was going to town for some shopping, and as I needed to buy a USB interwebs yoke, I decided to go with her. We had coffee at Stockmann (department store). Later on, we were buying a cake @ Stockmann Herkku (their food dept.), and I asked if it was OK to take a photo of the gorgeous cakes they had, for blogging purposes - it wasn't. Just reminded me how much I hate Finland.

Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip
Later on, we went to a few local shops in Lauttasaari (=the part of Helsinki where my parents live). I was looking for a Helsinki card, but there were none. I know that Lauttasaari is not exactly a touristy area, but would it kill them to keep a few Helsinki cards in stock? As everything was pretty much closed for the rest of my trip (Easter holidays), and I wasn't going to town on Saturday, just for one card, I ended up sending a feckin' Frankfurt card from Germany instead. Finland really sucks..

Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip   Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip

Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip   Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip

In Helsinki..   In Helsinki..
Omnoms! My stepdad cooked this.

Webcam snaps in Helsinki   In Helsinki..
In my old room..

In Helsinki..

In Helsinki..   In Helsinki..
Posh toilet rug, eh?!? =D

In Helsinki..
Birthday drinks - the balcony doubles as an extra fridge, in the winter.

In Helsinki..
Using my camera as binoculars..

In Helsinki..
Mam had my lamp fixed =D

In Helsinki..   In Helsinki..

In Helsinki..   In Helsinki..

In Helsinki..

In Helsinki..   In Helsinki..

In Helsinki..

In Helsinki..   In Helsinki..

In Helsinki..

No comments:

Post a Comment