Tuesday 15 October 2013

Spaghetti dish

Spaghetti dish  Spaghetti dish
I was out of penne, but I had some spaghetti, so this is a different version of my "penne dish".. =)

Spaghetti dish - most ingredients  Spaghetti dish - layer of spaghetti, then fried onions (2) and vine tomatoes (2)
Left: Most of the ingredients.. Spaghetti, broccoli, aubergine, vine tomatoes, onions, beef mince, olive oil, soy sauce, sea salt, black pepper, white pepper.. I also used milk, eggs, cheese, garlic powder, and sugar.. (I think that was the lot!)

Right: I had a layer of spaghetti in the oven dish (=half of the spaghetti I'd boiled for this), and this picture shows a layer of fried onion and vine tomato. I chopped two of each, fried the onions in olive oil and some sugar, and then added the tomato, leaving it on the pan to get a bit mushy, while I was chopping other stuff.. (Oh, I also seasoned the onion & tomato mix, with soy sauce, sea salt, black and white pepper..)

Spaghetti dish - layer of mild white cheddar  Spaghetti dish - layer of fried broccoli and aubergine
Left: A layer of grated mild white cheddar..

Right: A layer of fried broccoli and aubergine.. I started with frying the broccoli in olive oil (plenty of it, since especially aubergine kind of soaks it in) as I was chopping the aubergine, then added the aubergine bits.. I seasoned with soy sauce, sea salt, black and white pepper, and garlic powder.. It was getting a bit dry, so instead of adding olive oil, I actually added some butter.. =)

Spaghetti dish - layer of beef mince  Spaghetti dish - layer of spaghetti
Left: A layer of fried beef mince.. I seasoned with sea salt, black and white pepper, and garlic powder.. (I ran out of soy sauce - otherwise I would have added some, lol..)

Right: The rest of the spaghetti.. (As it had been waiting for a while, it had dried a little bit - didn't matter, though! The top is supposed to get crispy in the oven..)

Spaghetti dish - layer of mild white cheddar  Spaghetti dish - mixture of 3 eggs and 750ml full milk
Left: Another layer of grated mild white cheddar..

Right: After slowly pouring the milk and eggs mixture all over.. I used three large free range eggs, and 750ml full milk, whisking the eggs first, with a tablespoon of sugar, a teaspoon of salt, some black and white pepper, and then I added the milk, mixing it all together.

Spaghetti dish - baked for an hour (gas mark 6)
After one hour in the oven (gas mark 6). The gas oven always burns that one spot, but I love the top very crispy, so I don't mind. (I could turn it at some point, but I rarely bother climbing down from the attic, just to turn the dish..)

No comments:

Post a Comment