Sunday 3 June 2018

REALLY good banana bread ♥ (recipe from Simply Recipes)


I've always liked banana bread, but I'd never actually baked any myself..

A few days ago, I had a few bananas that were almost black, so I thought I'd google for banana bread recipes, and see if I could find one that wouldn't require buying any ingredients that I didn't have already..

I found this one on Simply Recipes 🍌🍞 😃


INGREDIENTS
2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar (1/2 > less sweet, 1 cup > more sweet)
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
(I used Supervalu olive spread instead of butter, and vanilla essence instead of vanilla extract)
METHOD
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
2 In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3 Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
4 Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
5 Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren't crumbly.)
If you go to the recipe page and read the comments, there are some other tweak ideas ♥ Apparently, it's the most popular recipe on that website, and that's no wonder - it's gorgeous..


My oven is fan assisted, so the bread was ready in 40 minutes - also, I kept checking on it while it was in the oven, and I noticed the top starting to get too dark too soon, so I put some baking paper on it, and it turned out perfect


I kept it on this oven rack, and later wrapped it in baking paper - it didn't last long, though as it was just sooo good.. 😂


I've already bought more bananas, and I'm eagerly waiting for them to ripen, so that I can bake more..

No comments:

Post a Comment