Monday 4 June 2012

Seventh driving lesson (on Friday) - some bay parking & N11 again

Friday route on Routebuilder.org

I'd had a bit longer gap between lessons as the driving instructor was on holidays, and unfortunately, I still didn't have a chance to get any driving practice between lessons, so my seventh lesson was really messy and I was sort of all over the place..

He asked me to park on the side of the road, on the seafront, and that was fine (plenty of room there). Then we went to Woodies DIY parking lot for some bay parking, which actually went fine. But then it was time for the N11 again.... *shudder*

I really, really, really need some driving practice between the lessons.. I don't really want to do more dual carriageway driving until I get to drive more often as it's just too scary when you've once again forgotten the bit of routine you started to find towards the end of the previous lesson.. As I haven't found my own car (& insurance) yet, I'd need to be added to D's insurance, but there's nothing I can do about that. Also, I'd prefer to get my own car as the brakes on D's car are kind of uber-sensitive, which is not great for me, at this point.. I've tons of cars bookmarked, so I guess I should get back to that..

I'd say that the seventh lesson was my messiest yet - even worse than my first one! My next lesson is on Friday again, so hopefully I'll get to drive something somewhere, before that.

I wish I lived in some hicksville, so that I could get a car and drive around on my own, without a big risk of getting busted for it.. (Couldn't afford the fine, so can't take that risk here.. I'm extremely unlucky in general - if there's anything in my life that can go wrong, it will. Always has.)

No comments:

Post a Comment