Wednesday 29 August 2012

Like driving two hours in a car wash

My guesstimated route on Routebuilder.org

Last night, I realised that it had been a full MONTH since I'd been driving (where does the time go?!?), so I wanted to go for a spin, after midnight.

It was my first time driving at night, and it was also drizzling a bit when we left.. I remembered the different settings for windscreen wipers, but I'd never really done lights before, except in that pissing rain, on the mountains.. Sooo, good start - being a bit rusty after a month without any driving, first time driving at night, and learning the various light settings while driving.. LOL..

Enter the extreme weather conditions.. :o

As I got up the long hill to Roundwood road, it started pissing rain. And I mean, PISSING.. It was actually raining horizontally, and D described it well; it was like being in a car wash. It was exactly like that!

I drove through Roundwood, and then turned towards Ashford, but I'm not 100% sure if I've marked my route correctly between Roundwood and Newtownmountkennedy as I don't know those particular small roads that well, it was dark, and I was driving in car wash conditions, so I was mainly concentrating on driving safely, rather than making sure I'd remember the exact route, later..

I kinda loved it, though! =D

When I got to Newtownmountkennedy, I had to stop for a bit, just to have a little rest. It wasn't raining as much anymore, and by the time I got to N11 again, it was only drizzle. Who'd have thought that I'd find N11 relaxing.. (Well, it was at night, so there was no other traffic, really..)

I enjoyed driving at night, I have to say! I want to do it again, a.s.a.p., but I'd prefer a dry night, so I could actually relax and really enjoy it..

No comments:

Post a Comment