Friday 5 October 2012

The Ice Cream Girls - money for nothing

The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones
I missed on an extra day chance on The Ice Cream Girls, on Monday, because I had a hospital appointment, but I was booked for today, which was the very last day of their six-week shoot.

D gave me a lift to Greystones, in the morning. I couldn't have made the 7:30am call time on the DART or bus, and as tempting as it would have been to drive myself there, I really don't want to risk getting fined for driving on my own (on a learner permit)..

The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones
They always do this to my hair.. (Photos by Linda, I think? I'm crap at remembering names..)

The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones
Before lunch, we were on location (Whitshed Road / St. Vincent Road / Burnaby Road), just waiting around.. A lot of the time, we got to stay in J's mini bus, which was fun - J was very entertaining =D

The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones
The UK cops weren't real (obviously) - the gardaí were =) ... With all those shopping trolleys and stuff, it was a bit of a traveller camp..

The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones
Lunch today was fantastic - especially the starters / salads! OMG.. I had tomato, brie, grapes, salmon, crab, and shrimp for starters.. Sole with white sauce, chips, and peas for main course.. And Baileys cheese cake with warm custard for dessert.. Bliss.. And another piece of brie to kill the sweet aftertaste.. (I took that picture after everyone had eaten, but you might still get the idea.. That was just the salad table..)

The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones
A bottle of whiskey was dropped.. (I stood there for a while, enjoying the fumes, lol..)

The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones
We'd really made it when they gave us a trailer, haha.. However, we weren't actually used at all! Still, we're all getting paid, we had a really nice lunch for free, and had pretty good chats during the day (plus, I did some crocheting), so no complaints!

I actually banged the back of my head really hard, in that trailer, while waiting for being signed out.. :o The SOUND of it was feckin' SCARY!!! It didn't hurt too bad, though, and it's still not sore, about three hours later.

The Ice Cream Girls - extra day in Greystones Snack stash =P
I was waiting for the bus for ages, but once I got on it, I got some great news on the phone =) Oh, that last photo - my freebie snack stash =D

No comments:

Post a Comment