Saturday 6 April 2013

Helsinki - Frankfurt - Dublin (2nd April)

Webcam snaps in Helsinki   Webcam snaps in Helsinki
No makeup vs. makeup, LOL..

At Helsinki airport..
I always buy a bottle of water or fizzy water, after getting through the airport security check. This stuff was flavoured fizzy water, and Very Nice!

At Helsinki airport..

At Helsinki airport..   Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip
Off to Frankfurt again..

Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..
This time, I had "only" 7,5h between flights, in Frankfurt. Yes, that would still have been enough time to go and see the city (especially as I arrived there in the morning again), but my laptop bag was even heavier now as I couldn't fit all my stuff in the rucksack, so I actually looked forward to spending the day at the airport again! =D I went straight to my favourite spot..

Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..
Crap photo, but I took this just to show where those seats are - facing the city map and bus/train timetables..

Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..
I hadn't really had any breakfast in Helsinki as we left to the airport so early. The flight snack was a nice ciabatta with ham and cheese, which was enough to keep me going, but when I was back in Frankfurt, I felt like I could eat something again. So, I got one of those gorgeous cheesy bread rolls, which I'd had there before, and a latte macchiato =)

Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..   Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..
I still had one postcard to send, which was meant to be from Helsinki, but since Finland was closed for the Easter holidays, and it was impossible to find a Helsinki card in Lauttasaari (on Thursday, when shops were still open), I decided to send a Frankfurt card instead. I also bought a German Donald Duck comic, just for the sake of it. I should read some more stuff auf Deutsch, before I forget it all..

Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip   Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..
I started reading the other book I bought on my first time in Frankfurt..

Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..
I wouldn't mind winning the Lotto, only I can't afford to play it..

Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..
Snack time..

Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip   Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip
They had funny airport bikes for staff..

Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip   Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..   Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..
Out of all airports I've experienced so far, Frankfurt is my new favourite!

Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..   Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..
One more snack, before going back to the transit area.. This croissant was filled with ham and cheese, and it was really nice. I had another latte macchiato as well.

Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..
I had packed my coat in my cow bag, for the first flight (keeping my warm winter scarf as a flight blanket - I always freeze on planes), and I had no reason to take it out all day as I stayed in the airport. So, I forgot that I still had some of that Finnish fizzy water in the bottle that was also in that cow bag, but of course, it was discovered when I was at the security check =D I got the option to drink it or bin it, so of course, I drank it! LOL

Then I did some shopping as Finland had been closed, and I couldn't exactly go home empty-handed..

Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip   Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..

Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..
This made me feel so smart; I had just walked to that faaaaaaaaar away bar you can barely see, in the above picture, to buy a bottle of Sprite.. (continues below..)

Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip
..then I walked back, sat down, and saw the drinks machine, pictured above.. DOH! =D Oh well..

Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip   Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..

Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..
OK, I love Mary Higgins Clark books, but this absolutely makes me rip my hair off; "five of six"?!? It's "five TO six", woman! There is NO "five of six", FFS! It's either "five TO six", or "five PAST six"! GRRRRRRRR!! (And she uses that fucked up American time phrase all the time.. Makes my blood boil and gives me high blood pressure..)

Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip   Killing 7,5 hours at Frankfurt airport..

Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip
Aaaand back to Dublin..

The snack on my last flight was like something between cake and tart. It was lovely and moist, but the fruity bits were a bit frozen. Still, very nice. Would have been nicer if I'd waited to eat it with tea, but to quote Sweet Brown; Ain't nobody got time for that! =D

Phone snaps of my Germany/Finland trip
Here's a beautiful picture of Dublin..

No comments:

Post a Comment