Saturday 28 April 2018

Broccoli salad (perfect stuffing for a tortilla wrap)


This is really simple, quick and easy to make, and if you make tortilla wraps with it, it's almost addictive.. πŸ˜ƒ
Ingredients:
πŸ’š Broccoli
πŸ’š Onion
πŸ’š Celery
πŸ’š Cucumber
πŸ’š Mayonnaise
πŸ’š Green pesto
πŸ’š Optional: sea salt, black pepper, oregano, chilli powder
No need to measure anything for this one, but I'll mention how much I used, below;


First, I chopped two celery stalks.. (Btw, if you're not a great fan of celery, but aren't actually allergic to it, I can still recommend trying this salad - maybe even with just one stalk of celery.. The celery flavour is not obvious at all, in the salad, it's mainly there just for the right kind of texture, and works well with the other flavours..)

Then, a whole small onion..


Next, about 10-15cm (= 4-6 inches) of cucumber..

And then, the florets of a whole, average size broccoli..


You'll need plenty of mayonnaise (or light mayonnaise) to hold it all together - I used three VERY generous tablespoons..

One generous tablespoon of green pesto..

You don't necessarily need to add anything else, but I like to add some sea salt, black pepper, oregano, and chilli powder.. Just a sprinkle of each - see the above (left) picture for reference..

Mix it all together, and your salad is ready!


You can eat it as a salad, but my absolute favourite way is to stuff a tortilla wrap with it.. Total binge stuff 😍 I have actually had days when I have broccoli salad tortilla wraps for every meal..


Omnomnomnom.... 😍😍😍😍😍 

No comments:

Post a Comment