Sunday 29 April 2018

LiveLAGOM Curry in a Hurry workshop


We actually had this (IKEA Carrickmines) LiveLAGOM workshop in February, but it has taken me a while to blog about it! 😃


For me, this one was more like a "general interest, and a free meal" workshop as I don't have the money or space for a pressure cooker.

As many other lagomers, I had childhood memories of my granny using a (vintage) pressure cooker, which was a scary, potentially dangerous thing.. 😂

The IKEA pressure cooker is a very modern version, though, and if I had a large kitchen with lots of storage space, plus the funds for it, I probably would buy one.


T and S were doing the cooking, and demonstrating the pressure cooker features - the rest of us were enjoying the lovely smell of the curry, and drooling..


There were two different curries on the same plate, which is not too clear in the picture, but they were both delicious, and I think we all had a second serving.. Nom..


My friend also attended with her son, so we went for a KFC coffee afterwards as the IKEA café was already closed.

In the second picture, some previously loved goods I got from another lagomer - the electric blanket was a real lifesaver during the cold spell, when I couldn't afford to get kerosene for heating.


We got goody bags from the workshop as well ♥♥♥♥♥

I love the bag itself, and I've used most of the contents quite a lot, since! There was a chopping board, which is larger than the one I had, so I've been using mostly the new one lately.. I absolutely LOVE the glass bottle, and I'm using it all the time.. When I'm at home, it's right next to me, so I can take a sip of juice or water, whenever I feel like it.. And when I go somewhere, I often take the bottle with me, so I won't have to buy something expensive when I get thirsty.. It was also good to get a bottle brush for keeping the bottle clean! There was also a Förtrolig container (17x23x9 cm) - I already had two in that size, and two larger ones, thanks to my original LiveLAGOM shopping list, but I wouldn't mind having even more of them! They are just SO useful for all kinds of stuff, easy to clean, etc.. You can never have too many wooden spoons, so that one was useful, too.. Also, freezer bags, and bag sealing clips! Great goody bag!

#LiveLAGOM #IKEA #IKEAIE

No comments:

Post a Comment