Tuesday 10 May 2011

My trip to Finland - the last days in pics

Tuesday 3rd May

In Imatra..
After F collected the dining table and seven chairs (four of which had been in the attic), and Hm & J took the sofa, a bookshelf, two end tables, and the low book case with sliding glass doors, to Hm's place, there was suddenly much more room.. (Well, obviously, but loads of stuff had been taken away already, and none of it seemed to make any difference until we got to the furniture..)

In Imatra..
I had organised some Kuusakoski fellas to come and carry the heavy stuff away, so while Hm & J were taking Hm's stuff to her place, I got the other stuff ready to be removed from the flat..

In Imatra.. In Imatra..
I didn't know how much their van would take, so I'd numbered the stuff, starting from the heaviest.. As it turned out, they were able to take it all away! =D They even whistled while working! =D The fee was very reasonable as well.

In Imatra..
Massive relief!!!

Wednesday 4th May

In Imatra..
This cute Russian pot got a new home at Hm's, too, and here it's being used for N's breakfast porridge..

In Imatra..
I finally got the attic cleared and cleaned..

In Imatra.. In Imatra..
On my last day in the flat, I was still finding treasures, in the last two boxes I'd found in the attic.. My late great-grandfather Ernst's obituary, which was in the papers nearly five years before I was born.. Had I not read it, I wouldn't know that I share some common interests with him! He is in that photo (above) with his second wife, Ebba. His first wife and my great-grandmother, Tekla died when both their children (=my grandfather and his sister) were very young, so Ebba became their stepmother. In the photo, they are at my grandparents' summer place where I spent loads of summer holidays in my childhood..

In Imatra.. In Imatra..
More pictures of my dad..

In Imatra.. In Imatra..
And other pictures..

In Imatra.. In Imatra..
And then it's all done..

In Imatra..
This is the last time I leave the flat..

In Imatra..
Relief..

Thursday 5th May

In Imatra..
Taking snaps of some familiar furniture in their new home..

In Imatra..
The Granny Boudoir, since Hm is about to become a granny.. =D

In Imatra..
Kitchen sofa =)

In Imatra
And granny cups.. =D (Btw, here I'm already using my phone cam as I'd returned Hm's camera, which she'd kindly let me use after my own camera got bollixed..)

From Imatra to Helsinki.. In Helsinki..
And then I was off to Helsinki..

Friday 6th May

In Helsinki In Helsinki
My stepdad went fishing again, so we ate more yummy Baltic herring..

In Helsinki
I didn't have the money or energy to go anywhere, so I just Facebooked, etc..

In Helsinki
Mam was polishing my crystals..

Saturday 7th May

The last day in Helsinki..
I went shopping with mam (just groceries, nearby - not to the city centre or anything), and got some last minute treats and stuff to bring home.. I was finally feeling almost normal again, so I could eat some Finnish treats..

The last day in Helsinki.. The last day in Helsinki..
Jacky milk chocolate pudding, gorgeous vanilla yogurt, and.. *drum roll*.. a genuine Finnish rubber pizza! =D LOL..

The last day in Helsinki..
I managed to buy a card and flowers for my mam (Sunday would be Finnish Mother's Day..) while out shopping with her, without her noticing!

The last day in Helsinki..
Eventually, I got everything done, and it was time to go home..

The last day in Helsinki..
My parents gave me a lift to the airport where I had time to loiter, buy some more treats, and read.. Dublin was rainy and D collected me from the airport.

Back in the attic, after coming home from Finland
I got home, kissed the cats, put my pj's on, and unpacked the laptop in the attic. Lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment