Thursday 8 September 2011

Bray Town Council is a fuckin' joke

(Read the first part of the story, here..)

As the motor taxation office was going to be open today, from 10:30am - 2pm, I thought I'd go there earlyish to get my learner permit application sorted before a friend of mine was arriving in Bray. My queue number was 66, and they were on early 20's, so I had a feeling I might not have the time to stay, but sat down to wait, anyway.. Well, when you're waiting around in a boring place such as that, you start reading everything that's around you.. Like an LED screen that they have in the waiting area..

One of the texts on the LED screen said to refer all driving licence applications to Wicklow County Council. FFS!!!

HOW is it even POSSIBLE that Bray Town Council can't display this information on their website?!? Not only is it almost impossible to find any opening hours on their website, but when you do, it fails to mention that (at least) the motor taxation office is only open on three days per week (btw, those days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday), and only 10:30am - 2pm on those days. So, I had to waste my time to go to the civic offices building, only to find the sign about the reduced hours of the motor taxation office.

And, you'd imagine that the sign would include such vital piece of information, that driving licence applications must be referred to Wicklow County Council instead (as in, NOT to Bray Town Council). But NO, I had to waste more of my time, to visit the motor taxation office while it was open, and only THEN would their LED screen be on, and display this information.. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.. *ripping hair off & banging head against the wall out of frustration..*

If Bray Town Council were on the same planet with the rest of us, they'd have all this info on their website, and everyone would save lots of time and effort.

Now, I had to get a new application form as well, because I'd written Bray Town Council, where it should say Wicklow County Council. So, as I was walking home (after yet another wasted trip to the useless civic offices..), I thought I'd drop in to the library and get the form from there. But wait, it was Thursday, and the library would only open at 1pm.. OMFG, this town is completely useless!!! (In fact, I talked about the uselessness of Bray, with a 89yo person who's lived here for decades, and in their opinion, Bray would hugely improve if it was totally demolished and then planned and built again, but this time with some people who actually have brains.. I have to say, I agree.)

Anyway, I came home, my friend arrived at the same time, we went out, and I eventually got that new application form from the library (once it opened), so I'm now going to fill it in.

I already phoned the Wicklow County Council motor taxation office, to make sure that they'd actually be open, should I go there tomorrow and submit my application. Apparently, they are open Monday - Friday, 9am - 3:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment