Saturday 4 August 2012

A speech worth watching - and a thought..


Philip Wollen : Animals Should Be Off The Menu debate

I found this video via Facebook, and just thought I'd watch some of it, but it was good and I had to watch it all. Everyone should!

And yes, I mEat, but I do feel guilty about it and I eat much less meat than I used to. I don't know if I'll ever go fully vegetarian, but it might help if I was to get a pet cow, a pig, and a sheep.. Shopping for food would become personal..

To quote the speech;

If slaughter houses had glass walls, we wouldn't be having this debate.

I think that's true, and following that line of thought on a slightly different matter, I think it should be mandatory for animal tested products to carry animal testing photos on the packaging (like cigarette boxes now have to carry health warnings). It would make a difference as most people would NOT want to buy and use such products, having to face such horrible torture photos. It's so easy to forget or ignore, if there's no uncomfortable reminders about animal testing..

No comments:

Post a Comment