Friday 10 May 2013

I'll be avoiding pork, from now on

Above, a screenshot of my post on Facebook. And here's the link to that article (since the link won't work from the picture as it's only a screenshot).

I was a bit surprised, that Compassion In World Farming - Ireland didn't say anything about the newborn piglets having their teeth clipped off..

I found more info on teeth clipping, on The Humane Society of the United States website; A HSUS Report: The Welfare of Piglets in the Pig Industry.

That's kind of enough to make me choose to eat something else than pork.

I'm not going to go all anal about it (like your typical self-important holier-than-thou vegan - you know, the type who puts people off from even considering becoming a vegan..). If I am invited to someone's home, and they serve pork, I'll eat it. I will also eat anything I might have in the fridge right now, that contains pork. But when I go shopping again, I'll choose to buy something else than pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment